Specifications of the book:
Dimensions: 290 x 210mm ie, A4 landscape.
No Pages: 284 all 128gsm glossy art paper.
Cover: Hard bound with dust jacket for the standard edition.
Padded grained dark blue leather for the Limited Edition; this edition has been limited to only 351 copies all of which will be personally numbered and signed by the author.
Images: In the hundreds, both colour and black & white sourced from the Ford Motor Company of Australia, Craig Watson, Autopics (racing images) and the Gavin Farmer Library Collection.
Details of the book:
- Details the history of each Falcon GT and GT-HO from the XR through to the XB
- Covers the full racing history from 1967 through to the end in 1979
- Covers the famous London to Sydney Marathon and Ford Australia’s Teams Prize
- Appendices covering the South African Fairmont GT, Capri V6, XC Cobra
- Charts showing the production numbers for the GT and GT-HO; engine specifications; performance comparisons, colour availability and so on
Ford Falcon GT & GT-HO: The Total Performance Years captures the excitement that these powerful cars generated nearly half a century ago. The XR Falcon GT literally broke the mould in Australia because nothing like it had ever been offered for sale to the general public off a showroom floor.
The Falcon GT simply got bigger, more powerful and ballsier from then on to the point where the XW and XY GT-HO’s were the fastest production four-door family sedans in the world. Who can forget that famous photograph in Wheels magazine where the big GT-HO was screaming down the Hume Highway at a tad over 140 miles per hour? It was the stuff of legends, Australian legends.
You want to know the differences between one model and the next? It’s in The Total Performance Years. You want to know who drove what car in a particular race and what the result was, you will find it in The Total Performance Years. It is by far the most comprehensive book on the history and achievements of the famous Australian Ford Falcon GT and GT-HOs ever published and will stand as a landmark book on the subject.